The Threshold Boulder League is an awesome 5-week individually scored climbing league. Adult, Junior, Masters and Youth Categories are all available for sign up. Each week climbers will get special access to the new League specific climbs, and you compete at your own skill level! Climb each week, including Finals week, and celebrate with us at the Finals Party, with food, prizes and awards!
• Player Entry = $35
• T-Shirt = $15
Categories & Handicaps
Categories: Determined by age at the start of league
• Masters League: 40+ years olds
• Adult League: 18-39 years olds
• Junior League: 13-17 years olds
• Little League: 9-12 years olds
Handicap: Determined by average onsite ability
• The first League week starts October 1st, and finals week starts October 29th
• League Route Setting will take place on Sundays & Wednesdays.
• Adults will start climbing on Monday every day. Youth will climb starting Wednesday.
• You can climb multiple days to improve your scores.
• Saturday, November 3rd will be the Finals Awards and Party. Bring a dish for the potluck!
• Maximum of 50 Players in each category
• You can climb as a team, but must organize your team on your own. We will announce Team scores with Individual scores.
• League is a Redpoint Competition format.
• Players who participated in the previous league are guaranteed a spot in the following league. All others are first come first serve.
• Players will provide an Entry Handicap. Entry Handicap is the highest gym grade at which they flash more often than 50% of the time.
• A judge may adjust Player Handicaps if they are found to be consistently exceeding their Entry Handicap.
• Players may climb at any time on league days specified in the schedule
• Players may improve their scores over the two days each week for their category.
• Players compete on the same night during finals week only.
• Flash: Complete a route without falling on 1st attempt = 125pts
• Redpoint: Complete a route without falling after 1st attempt = 100pts
• Progress: Achieving a secure position at a tagged hold = 25/50/75 pts
• Secure position is defined by holding on with at least one hand for 3 or more seconds.
• Sandbag: Redpoint a route below handicap = 25pts
• Does not qualify for progress points.
• Tiebreakers will be determined by 1st) Total Points, 2nd) Total Flashes & 3rd) Total Problems.
• Progress and Sandbag Points do not count towards Total Flashes or Total Problems.
• The lowest week score will be dropped from each player. If a player misses one week then that will be the score that is dropped. Yes, finals night does count as score that could be dropped.