The Threshold Boulder League is an awesome 5-week individually scored climbing league. Climbers will work to improve balance, climbing technique, strength, mental focus and overall fitness. The Threshold Boulder League is the best way to start climbing, get introduced to the sport, and meet a bunch of great people too. Beginner, intermediate, and advanced climbers are all encouraged to sign up. Each week climbers will get special access to the new League specific climbs, and you compete at your own skill level. You can climb anytime between Monday or Friday to increase your scores. Climb hard each week, and celebrate with us at the finals party, with food, prizes and awards!
Categories & Handicaps
Categories: Determined by age at the start of league
• Youth, 8-12
• Junior, 13-15
• Open, 16-39
• Masters 40+
Skill: Determined by average onsite ability
• Beginner (VB-V1)
• Intermediate (V2-V4)
• Advanced (V5+)
Your skill level will determine at what level you will be scored, this allows anyone a chance to win! Beginner climbers will earn the same points as more advanced climbers in their skill level. If you don’t know your skill level and are new to climbing, you can enter as a beginner. Bouldering climbs are rated by the V-Scale, each route will be tagged by difficulty so you can easily climb and score on the routes that are in your level. There are also opportunities to earn progress points if you don’t make it to the top of the climb. Specific rules will be broken down when the League begins. No prior climbing experience is necessary, anyone can enter!
Schedule & Cost
• Our next League starts January 28th, 2018, climbing lasts for 5 weeks, and will end on March 1st.
• The finals party will take place on the evening of the last day of climbing.
• Climbers can climb anytime Monday through Friday to improve scores. New routes will be set weekly every Sunday, and climbing will open up on Monday.
• Players who participated in the previous league are guaranteed a spot in the following league. All others are first come first serve. You must be signed up and climbing by the 2nd week in order to score effectively. Climbers that join in late will lose opportunities to earn points.
• Threshold Member price = $35
• Threshold Non-member price = $100(includes bouldering only access Monday-Friday)
• Add a custom League T-Shirt = $15
Rules & definitions
• The League is a Redpoint Competition format.
• Your lowest weeks score will be dropped from your overall score. If a player misses one week then that will be the score that is dropped.
Climbing Skill level Rules:
• Players will provide an Entry Skill level. Entry Skill is the highest gym grade at which they flash more often than 50% of the time.
• A judge may adjust Player Handicaps if they are found to be consistently exceeding their Entry Skill.
• Flash: Complete a route on the 1st attempt without falling
• Redpoint: Complete a route after your first attempt without falling
• Progress: Achieving a secure position at a tagged hold = 25/50/75 pts
• Secure position is defined by holding on with at least one hand for 3 or more seconds.
• Sandbag: Redpointing a route below your handicap = 25pts
• Tiebreakers will be determined by 1st) Total Points, 2nd) Total Flashes & 3rd) Total Problems.
• Progress and Sandbag Points do not count towards Total Flashes or Total Problems.