Mission: Provide youth with a fun and structured training environment that assists in the development of technical climbing skills, knowledge of competitive climbing and overall enjoyment of the sport.
Threshold Club provides youth climbers who want to take climbing more seriously with a challenging and fun training environment. Club will focus on advancing the technique, strength and overall comprehension of competitive climbing while providing a fun, social experience. Climbers on this team should be climbing for around one year and aspire to take climbing a little more serious, but are maybe not ready for the commitment of Team Threshold. Eventually, climbers may be chosen from the Club to be a part of Team Threshold and compete on a local, regional, national and world level. Tryouts are not required for the Club.
- Every Tuesday/Thursday 4:o0-5:15pm
- Holiday exceptions will be promptly announced
USA Climbing Seasons
- Bouldering Season
- Sport & Speed Season
- $99 Monthly club membership – Practice only*
- $20 Optional discounted gym membership add-on
- Up to 2 ½ hours per week of coaching and instruction
- 1 instructor per 20 climbers
- FREE parent intro to climbing class (auto belay & top-rope)
- A club T-shirt
- Club gear available for purchasing
- Mock Competitions
- Option to attend Team Threshold trips at trip cost
- Rental Equipment
- Food & drink
- Transportation & lodging fees for outdoor trips and competitions
What should my child wear to practice?
- Club t-shirt (provided)
- Clothing that allows for freedom of movement such as quick drying athletic shorts or climbing specific pants.
- Climbing inherently presents abrasions to the skin of climbers from contact with textured walls and climbing holds. Wearing long pants that are made of synthetic materials (not cotton) can help prevent scrapes and cuts.
- Athletic shoes are recommended for days that involve strength and conditioning work.
What should my child bring to practice?
- Climbing shoes, harness, chalk and athletic shoes are the most used items at practice.
- Climbing shoes, harness and chalk are all available to rent at the front desk.
- Water or drinks for hydration are recommended.
- Snacks that provide good “during activity energy” are also recommended.
If the Threshold Club sounds like a great fit for your child, or if you have any questions regarding the club, contact us here.
*Club Practice only includes the use of the facility during practice. Participants without a gym membership cannot use the facility before or after Club Practice.