We are open! As of June 1st, 2020 reservations are no longer required.
We are open everyday to the general public and welcome walk-ins!
What it's like coming back to climb, Member Testimonial:
What We’re Doing
The well-being of our members, guests, and staff is incredibly important to us, we are taking several precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As a community we hope that everyone will take time to educate themselves on the best practices during this time to consider the well-being for the general public. If you are coming to the gym at this time we ask that you be aware of the following:
When you arrive expect to have your temperature checked with a no contact thermometer, and we will ask you a few questions to make sure you’re feeling well before you’re allowed to enter. Per the OKC ordinance masks are required for entry, but you may remove them when you are on the walls climbing or working out. Our staff are wearing masks and face shields when working with the public.
Gym Cleanings and Sanitation
We will continue to maintain high standards while cleaning the facility, and we are following a rigorous process for wiping down surfaces regularly. You will find hand sanitizer and tissues readily available. All guests are required to wash their hands upon arrival, and before you leave. Certain rental gear items are not being rented, and you are encouraged to bring your own equipment in.
Keep a safe distance
Be respectful of those around you. When you’re in the gym, please remember to follow the suggested CDC guidelines to remain 6 ft away from people you don’t share a household with. We do require that masks be worn when you are not on the climbing wall or actively working out.
For our Members + Community
- Members, we thank all of you have have chosen to support the gym through these difficult times. We’ve been keeping in touch through emails, social media and our website over the last two months. We reopened to Members Only on May 1st, 2020 and slowly expanded access to the public since then.
- If you are unsure of the status of your account you can reach out anytime via phone or email.
- If you had a membership that was frozen and would like to come back, you can contact us to unfreeze your account. No freezes will be changed automatically unless you request it. Freezes will automatically lift and return to your normal billing after the date you listed it to end.
- Accounts are not frozen or cancelled unless the account holder gives permission to do so. You will not see a change in your billing unless notice is given.
- A change form must be filled out to make a change to your account. You can call or email us to fill out the form.
Team Threshold Climbers:
- Starting June 1st Team Practice started back up.
- We are welcoming new sign ups to Team Threshold.
Parties and events:
- Starting June 1, 2020 we are booking Birthday Parties. Please go here to learn more and request your party online.
- Our gear shop is fully open and stocked!
Other things to take note of:
We are not currently renting out chalk bags and lead ropes in the gym. You are encouraged to use your own equipment and to sanitize it regularly. Harnesses and shoes will still be available to rent.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Temporary Gym Closure
4-12-2020: Due to the recommendations from national and local authorities on the current COVID-19 emergency, our closure has been extended tentatively until April 30th.
3-20-2020: Members and Team Threshold climbers, you should have received an email from us with information about account changes. We greatly appreciate the support from our members who choose to stay with us during this time. That support is invaluable to our staff and team. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need to make an account change.
Due to the recommendations from national and local authorities on the current COVID-19 emergency, Threshold will be closing its doors starting Wednesday, March 18th, until April 12th, 2020. As a community driven facility, the wellness and health of our community is of the upmost importance to us.
We know this is a difficult time for everyone, our regular routines are being disrupted, and there is a lot of uncertainty in the air. As a locally owned and operated small business, it is an extremely difficult thing to face, not knowing what to expect in the coming weeks. We want to say thank you to everyone who has been so supportive of Threshold—, every purchase and visit means a lot to our team, and we want to thank you in advance for those of you we know will give us support moving forward.
Our team will still be working hard during this time. We will be using this time to update routes, deep clean the facility and plan a great party for everyone once it’s OK to do so! We are looking forward to the future and getting back on the wall, in the meantime keep up your training at home, watch some great climbing films, and keep the psych high!
Here’s what to expect for now:
Members and Team climbers, please be sure to check your emails in the coming days if you need to make an account change. As we operate in a very new territory, we ask that you please give us some grace in working through any account adjustments and scheduling.
If you have recently bought a 30 Day Trial, we will be extending that access once we re-open.
If you had a party, camp or event booked our Program Manager will be in touch with you very soon on next steps.
We will continue to post updates as they come. Watch our social media channels, the website, and check your e-mails for news as it develops.
We are here if you need us, please email email@example.com.
In health, Threshold Crew